Tuesday, May 12, 2009

April 21, 2009

I'm a little behind on updates, mostly because I live out of state and thus do not always have access to the letters he sends home, which are far more detailed than the brief emails I get. So here we go with some catching up.

Exerpt from a letter from Elder Rushforth Dated April 21, 2009(I promise to try not to edit them, even though the grammar and sentence structure makes me want to pull out my hair!):

Dear Family:

How are you all doing? How is the weather? It is nice and hot up here but it is supposed to cool down and rain for the next few days.

My companion Elder Collins is way smart with the scriptures he knows them really well. Back home we would make armor out of chain mail now he is making a chain mail tie. I am greatful that he is my companion because I can definitely learn a lot from him.

The work is going great! We have quite a few investigators we are working with. One tried coming to church this past week but couldn't find the building so this week we are taking him on a church tour. We also have lots of potential investigators so we will see what happens with them. One of the sets of Elders in our district are doing amazing there are so many out there that want to learn but don't know where to find the truth.

This past week on Thursday we had zone conference. My companion and I had the privlege of doing a training on tracting in front of two zones and the APs and mission President, it was nerve racking but went pretty well.

Love, Elder Rushforth

No comments:

Post a Comment